On This Page
Our sliding scale payout lets you keep more of your earnings when you sell a higher-priced item. Here’s how the sliding scale commission works:
|Above $400||you keep 85% (cash or store credit)|
|$250 - $399||you keep 75% (cash or store credit)|
|$150 - $249||you keep 50% (cash or store credit)|
|$50 - $149||you keep 40% (cash or store credit)|
|$25 - $49||you keep 10% (store credit only)|
|<$25||Items not accepted|
Prices are based on the current retail price, condition of the item, external third-party data and historical data we've collected from selling similar items.
You can decide if you want to take our recommendation, or set a different price.
All that being said, we are constantly refining and improving our algorithm to make sure sellers get a fair asking price and buyers get a good buy.
Please note, payouts are based on the selling price minus handling fees. The price used to determine your payout is reflected in your seller account and pricing on our website can vary.
Item Price Drops
If an item doesn't sell we will drop the price by 5% every 10-20 days. This minimal price drop promotes your item to potential buyers that have signed up to receive price drop notifications and ensures your item is competitively priced.
Please note, we do charge a $10 fee/item once items have been processed to pick up your items.
You will be able to see a list of all your transactions, sales, and product listings with the current status when logged into your account. Once your piggy bank has a balance of $5 or more you’ll see 3 ways to cash out your balance:
- Store Credit (GoodBuy Bucks): they never expire! Your GoodBuy Bucks are issued immediately via email and available for use upon receipt of your code. Payouts must be requested within 365 days.
- Direct Deposit: connect your bank account using our secure payment system. Payouts take 3-7 days business days to show up in your bank. Payouts must be requested within 365 days.
- Donation: choose a lucky recipient from our list of non-profit partners to donate your balance to.
There is a 3 day window from when a buyer receives an item to when your payout is available to allow us to honor our buyer guarantee. Fee(s) are deducted from your first sale, or subsequent sale(s) if the first sale does not cover the full pick-up or drop-off service fee. Completed transactions that are available for payout are forfeited after 365 days if they are not claimed.
No upfront payment is needed when you schedule a service. Once an item sells, we deduct a $10 service fee for pickups.
- Free for drop-offs
- $10 for pick-ups
- Picking up all your great gear from your home or unloading it from your vehicle
- Quality checking, taking photos, writing product descriptions, and recommend pricing
- Promoting your items to our awesome community of parents
- Storing your items until they sell
- Paying credit card fees and shipping costs for items when they sell
- Shipping items to the buyer when they sell
- Battery Replacement In order to list something, we have to know it works. If there are no batteries or the batteries are not working, we cannot guarantee that we will replace them in order to verify that the item works. We must also deliver items in working condition so if we are able to replace batteries we charge a $5 battery replacement fee
- Car Seat Processing Fee In order to list a car seat, we must perform our GoodBuy Car Seat Safety Check and will charge a $10 fee for this process. We will also charge an additional $5 printing fee if the car seat manual is not included with your seat.
- Cleaning If you don't have time to clean all your items (we get it!), no worries, we have cleaning abilities at the GoodBuy Garage! Just note that we can only do this for some items and if we are able to clean it we will deduct $5-$15 cleaning fee depending on the time and effort required by our Wingmoms. Reassembly In order to list a secondhand item, we have to know it works and will reassemble if it is broken down. We charge a $5 reassembly fee if applicable. Not applicable for new or open box items.
We accept most gently-loved items valued over $25 that are clean and in working order (i.e. not damaged, unsafe or recalled):
- Items valued less than $25
- Broken/recalled or otherwise unsafe items
- Footwear & clothing (baby, kid, and maternity)
- Stuffed animals
- Cribs, beds, gliders, changing tables, large dollhouses (over 4 feet tall) and other large pieces of furniture
- Bedding (sheets, crib bumpers/liners, blankets, changing pad covers without a pad, etc)
- Feeding gear (bottles, bibs, cups, utensils, nursing covers, cart covers, etc)
- Oversized outdoor equipment (bicycles, slides, playhouses, power wheels, large yard toys, etc)
- Strollers and bike trailers that are more than 10 years old
- Items that are outdated or have reached their end of life
How it Works
1.When you schedule your next selling service use the code "JUSTINCASE"
2. If you do need your items again, reach out to our customer service HERE with the item you’re interested in purchasing again.
4. A GoodBuy Gear team member will reach out within 3 days of receiving your message.
3. Once approved, you will receive a code to use for 50% off the same item in store credit.
Seller Legal Terms of Service
By consigning your products with GoodBuy Gear you certify that all parts are included and none of the items have ever been broken, repaired or otherwise altered, that the product has never been improperly stored or abused and that the product is in working condition, merchantable, fit for the purpose intended and free from defects.
By consigning your products with GoodBuy Gear you agree to indemnify and hold GoodBuy Gear and its related parties (including its officers and directors harmless for any claims, damages, judgments, settlements, costs and expenses, including costs of investigation and claim review and legal fees, that Good Buy Gear becomes legally obligated to pay because of any claim made against GoodBuy Gear associated with your products.By consigning your goods with GoodBuy Gear, you agree to be compensated based on a percentage of the base price of the item, not the Listing Price on the website which includes handling fees. The payout percentage is solely calculated on the base price as shown in your seller account and the price of the item in the seller's account may vary from the price of the item on our website.
By consigning your goods with GoodBuy Gear, you assume full responsibility for all product liability damages, personal injuries and claims of all types related directly or indirectly to the sale of your goods by GoodBuy Gear.
All completed transactions that are available for payout are forfeited after 365 days if they are not claimed.