On This Page
Our sliding scale payout lets you keep more of your earnings when you sell a higher-priced item. Here’s how the sliding scale commission works:
|Above $249||you keep 80%|
|$149 - $248||you keep 70%|
|$49 - $148||you keep 60%|
|$29 - $48||you keep 50%|
|$19 - $28||you keep 40%|
|$9 - $18||you keep 30%|
|Below $9||you keep 20%|
We accept most gently-loved items that are clean and in working order (i.e. not damaged, unsafe or recalled):
- Changing tables
- Broken/recalled or otherwise unsafe items
- Used car seats
- Footwear & Clothing (Baby, kid, and maternity)
- Stuffed animals
- Couches, beds, and other large pieces of furniture that require 2 people to move
- Strollers that are more than 10 years old (for some brands, more than 5 years)
- Items that are outdated or have reached their end of life
You will be able to see a list of all your transactions, sales, and product listings with the current status when logged into your account. Once your piggy bank has a balance of $5 or more you’ll see 3 ways to cash out your balance:
- Store Credit (Good Buy Bucks): they never expire and you’ll receive a 10% bonus if you choose this option! Your Good Buy Bucks are issued immediately via email and available for use upon receipt of your code.
- Direct Deposit: connect your bank account using our secure payment system. Payouts take 3-7 days business days to show up in your bank.
- Donation: choose a lucky recipient from our list of non-profit partners to donate your balance to.
There is a 3 day window from when a buyer receives an item to when your payout is available to allow us to honor our buyer guarantee. Fee(s) are deducted from your first sale, or subsequent sale(s) if the first sale does not cover the full pick-up or drop-off service fee. Completed transactions that are available for payout are forfeited after 365 days if they are not claimed.
Prices are based on the current retail price, condition of the item, external third-party data and historical data we've collected from selling similar items.
You can decide if you want to take our recommendation, or set a different price.
All that being said, we are constantly refining and improving our algorithm to make sure sellers get a fair asking price and buyers get a good buy.
Item Price Drops
If an item doesn't sell we will drop the price by 5% every 10 days. This minimal price drop promotes your item to potential buyers that have signed up to receive price drop notifications and ensures your item is competitively priced.
Please note: if you would like to pick up your items before 100 days we will charge a $10 fee/item.
No upfront payment is needed when you schedule a service. Once an item sells, we deduct a $10-$25 service fee:
- $10 for drop-offs
- $25 for pick-ups
- Picking up all your great gear from your home or unloading it from your vehicle
- Quality checking, taking photos, writing product descriptions, and recommend pricing
- Promoting your items to our awesome community of parents
- Storing your items until they sell
- Paying credit card fees and shipping costs for items when they sell
- Delivering items to the buyer and paying credit card fees and shipping costs"
- Repairs We can do light repairs (e.g. new tube in a bike, replacement part) but we will deduct a $10-25 repair/replacement fee from your payout, depending on the cost of time and materials.
- Battery Replacement In order to list something, we have to know it works. If there are no batteries or the batteries are not working, we cannot guarantee that we will replace them in order to verify that the item works. We must also deliver items in working condition so if we are able to replace batteries we charge a $5 battery replacement fee
- Reassembly In order to list a secondhand item, we have to know it works and will reassemble if it is broken down. We charge a $5 reassembly fee if applicable. Not applicable for new or open box items.
- Cleaning If you don't have time to clean all your items (we get it!), no worries, we have laundry and cleaning abilities at the Good Buy Garage! Just note that we can only do this for some items and if we are able to clean it we will deduct $5-$25 cleaning fee depending on the time and effort required by our Wingmoms.
Seller Legal Terms of Service
By consigning your products with Good Buy Gear you certify that all parts are included and none of the items have ever been broken, repaired or otherwise altered, that the product has never been improperly stored or abused and that the product is in working condition, merchantable, fit for the purpose intended and free from defects.
By consigning your products with Good Buy Gear you agree to indemnify and hold Good Buy Gear and its related parties (including its officers and directors harmless for any claims, damages, judgments, settlements, costs and expenses, including costs of investigation and claim review and legal fees, that Good Buy Gear becomes legally obligated to pay because of any claim made against Good Buy Gear associated with your products.
By consigning your goods with Good Buy Gear, you assume full responsibility for all product liability damages, personal injuries and claims of all types related directly or indirectly to the sale of your goods by Good Buy Gear.
All completed transactions that are available for payout are forfeited after 365 days if they are not claimed.