Where is Good Buy Gear delivery available?
Our services are currently available in the following cities: Denver, Boulder, Westminster, Arvada, Louisville, Lakewood, Englewood, Broomfield, Superior, Lafayette, Littleton, Thornton, Wheat Ridge and Golden.
We offer "out of zone" delivery for a surcharge at checkout for surrounding areas. For example; Aurora, Longmont, Centennial, Parker and Castle Rock.
If you would like to see your city added to our free delivery zone, email us at email@example.com.
Do you offer shipping if I live outside of Colorado?
We recently added shipping capabilities for some products. The shipping cost is calculated based on the product weight (so heavy items are usually quite expensive). Please know that we are still in testing mode. Meaning, if you don't see an option with USPS Ground Shipping available at checkout let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll take a look. Thanks!
How does Good Buy Gear work?
- WHITE GLOVE SELLING
- We have made it safe and easy to sell your child’s gear! Schedule your white glove pickup and we'll do all the work - posting, storing and pay you out as it sells. If you would rather sell yourself you can download our app here. We’ll even cross-post your item to other sites for increased visibility.
- CURATED GEAR
- Quality gear is stored in four different marketplaces based on the age-appropriateness of the item. If you have a six-month-old, you won’t have to search through bikes and ski gear to find what you’re looking for.
- You can sign up to receive weekly updates of new gear that’s been added to the site.
- If you’re looking for something in particular, add it to the Wish List. We’ll email you directly once it’s been added to our site so you have first dibs.
- ONE-CLICK BUYING
- When you find something you like, buy it! We’ll even deliver it to your front door. We have found that trying to sell items yourself on other used gear marketplaces is a time-consuming and frustrating process for everyone involved.
How does door-to-door delivery work?
We have an in-house team of delivery drivers that have been vetted (full background checks) and are part of our team. No need to box up your gear or print out shipping labels!
A delivery professional will pick up the gear from the seller’s home and take it to the buyer’s home. Please provide any special instructions for the delivery professional in your order confirmation, if required (e.g. leave on back porch, give to front desk, etc).
Delivery guarantee is 3 business days.
Why isn't Good Buy Gear in my area yet?
We have launched in the above mentioned Colorado cities. As soon as we gather enough feedback from our awesome Colorado users we will perfect our marketplace and begin rolling out to major cities across the U.S. Sign up if you want to be added to the Good Buy Gear customer database. We'll keep you in the loop on big announcements, including new city roll-outs.
How can I trust the purchase process on Good Buy Gear?
You are protected every time you place an order on Good Buy Gear. When you purchase an item, we keep your payment safe until your item is delivered. Here is our guaranteed buyer policy:
- Delivery Guarantee: Buyers have the option to cancel an order if it is not fulfilled in 3 business days. If the tracking shows the order was sent out for delivery but did not arrive at its destination, Good Buy Gear will also issue a full refund.
- Order Satisfaction: If your item does not match the description, please notify us within 3 days of pickup or delivery. After we verify your claim, we'll refund payment. If we don't hear from you by 3 days after your order is delivered, we'll assume everything is fine. For more information, please refer to our Returns Policy.
- Fraud Protection: Good Buy Gear closely monitors sellers who fail to deliver/ship and/or deliver/ship items not as described. In addition, all financial information is encrypted and not shared with the seller.
How can I trust the selling process on Good Buy Gear?
We are serious about providing a trustworthy and safe marketplace. Here is our guaranteed seller policy:
- Delivery Guarantee: Good Buy Gear will cover the costs of the refund to the buyer if the delivery was not delivered to the destination. The tracking number will need to show that the order was picked up by the delivery service and not delivered to its destination. If the tracking shows that the item arrived at its destination, then the buyer is responsible.
- Fraud Protection: Good Buy Gear closely tracks buyers who file multiple disputes in order to protect sellers from buyers who may attempt to file false claims in order to receive refunds.
What can I sell on Good Buy Gear?
Good Buy Gear is a marketplace for your child’s toys, equipment, gear and furniture. Please refrain from listing items that do not fall into these categories, as they clutter the marketplace and make shopping less enjoyable for others. We do not accept clothes, stuffed animals, or toys <$10 used value.
Pre-owned items can be listed on Good Buy Gear if they are clean and in good condition. All items must be clearly and accurately represented.
Good Buy Gear strictly prohibits the sale of illegal items, recalled items or stolen goods. Members who buy, list, or otherwise attempt to sell such illegal items risk immediate and permanent suspension from Good Buy Gear. Note, using a brand name to falsely describe or promote an item violates trademark law, even if the item is not explicitly "counterfeit".
Any listings in these categories will be deleted. Members who repeatedly attempt to sell such items risk permanent suspension from Good Buy Gear.
How and when does my listing appear after I post a picture?
After your picture is submitted from our Sell page, our automation technology will process the image and determine the item description, link to the original posting and recommend a price based on current condition. Currently, it may take up to 24 hours to send you the listing for your approval.
How am I paid out as a Seller?
We have four payment options, including:
- Good Buy Bucks
- Old fashioned check mailed to your home address
Good Buy Gear is paid a 20% commission fee on all peer-to-peer sales and 30% on White Glove pickup sales. This fee supports the ongoing improvements to our marketplace technology and other services such as delivery, posting, advertising gear outside of the Good Buy Gear site, and payment management for sellers. If you have something really nice to sell, we'll still provide our usual support, but we'll never charge more than a $50 fee.
Please note, if you want to sell an item that requires repairs (e.g. new tube in a bike, batteries in a toy, etc) we can take care of it for you. We will simply subtract the cost of time and materials from your commission.
What can I buy with my 20% off first time customer discount?
Anything on the site! We are happy you found us :) The 20% is valid for anything on the site to a maximum of $250 (or $50 off).
What are Good Buy Bucks?
Would you rather keep a store credit to use on a purchase at a later date? Select Good Buy Bucks as your payment method and the proceeds from your sale will be saved to your account. You can use your Good Buy Bucks on any purchase and can also buy them at any time.
Can I negotiate the price?
Our focus is making it as simple as possible to buy and sell used gear online. We have eliminated the back-and-forth negotiation normally required with Craigslist or other similar offerings. This means if you see something you like, just click, buy and it’s YOURS! You won’t have to reach out to ten different sellers to hopefully end up with the item you are shopping for.
If you would like to be notified if the seller drops the price, just sign up for the "Price Drop" notice from the individual product page.
How do you determine the price?
We determine the price based on the original (retail) price, current condition of the item, external third-party data and historical data (e.g. time to sell, amount of interest, 'price drop' notices, etc). We are constantly refining and improving our algorithm to ensure our customers get the best possible service.
Can you give me a quick overview of the entire process?
Selling on Good Buy Gear using the mobile app:
1. Jessica decides to sell her son’s Skuut bike.
2. She takes a few pictures from the mobile app, adds a few more details about the bike, and submits.
3. If found, the app will provide a link to the original listing on Amazon (if available) and a suggested price based on proprietary algorithms.
4. Once her item sells, Jessica receives an email and SMS notification that her item has sold and provides information on best time for pickup of the Skuut. Good Buy Gear picks up the item from Jessica, who then gets paid via PayPal (or her payment of choice).
5. Jessica does a happy dance.
Buying on Good Buy Gear:
1. Kristin decides to buy a Skuut bike from Good Buy Gear.
2. She locates the bike, places it in her cart, and checks out using PayPal, ApplePay, Pay with Amazon or credit/debit card.
3. Kristin receives email confirmation with her delivery day.
4. Kristin’s Skuut bike arrives on her front doorstep as scheduled and receives an email confirmation confirming delivery.
5. Kristin's child Skuuts into happiness!
How are you different from other used gear marketplaces?
We aim to become the preferred used gear marketplace for families everywhere. Our White Glove service sets us apart and also we offer a curated shopping experience, money-back guarantee, convenient pick-up and delivery, and built-in payments.
Who is Good Buy Gear?
Good Buy Gear was started by two moms and has been operational in the Denver/ Boulder area since mid-November 2016 with a web/mobile website (www.goodbuygear.com).